First Things First
The players have come from all over the continent to train in the shadow of Paran, the capital of the Human Civilized Realm (HCR for short). After a grueling six week boot camp the players have acquired a few skills and determined what they are good at (or at least what they arent horrible at!) In game terms, they have trained hard enough to earn the trust of the Mageocracy that controls the HCR (as well as reaching level 2, or in other words, they can survive more than one dagger blow before dying now)
The continent sits in an uneasy truce between two warring factions, the HCR and the Oxchaga Council. The truce has been maintained, with some skirmishing, for around 100 years. The main reason why there has been no major outbreak of hostilities is not common knowledge, and has been kept secret from the populace by the Mageocracy and their allies for decades.
They are called before Sir Humphrey near the city’s Eastern Gates to be briefed on their first assignment. The motley crew is compromised of the following members:
- Bombiir “Blackleaf”, a mysterious dwarven thief, dressed in light armor and skilled in scouting, who keeps one eye on his enemies, and the other eye on his allies.
- His brother Romdiir, a dwarven cleric clad in metal from head to toe, with a heart as pure and true as a platinum vein dug fresh from the earth.
- “Papa Stogie”, a gnomish fighter/ illusionist wrapped in a six foot beard and concealed within a perpetual wall of cigar smoke.
- Tilly, a halfling druid who hails from the Temple of Kinarr, who is equally bound by the laws of nature and by the orders coming down from her all female druidic order.
- Sixlet, who is just as comfortable intimidating her allies into doing her bidding as she is in carving up her enemies.